Thursday, August 20, 2015

Ipsy Glam Bag August 2015

This is the latest my Ipsy glam bag has arrived in the three months I've been ordering. Stuff happens, and it's here now, so yay!

It looked pretty interesting online and I was excited about trying Aila nail color in Mister Pookies, because I'd heard someone else singing Aila's praises. This month's theme is Prep School, to honor all the kids heading back to school. Maybe to inspire them? Sure, why not.

The more you know: Ipsy is a monthly subscription of beauty and hair products. They charge $10 at the start of each month.

Here's the first glance:


And here's Mister Pookies. It's hard to describe the color. Dark gray with some purple and brown undertones? Dark grape with gray undertones? The website describes it as steel gray with purple undertones. Super glossy, even if it's a little emo for me. And it's 5-free. This full-size bottle is worth $17 online, so worth the $10 for Ipsy's glam bag. 

My thumbnail after two coats.


Starlooks Pro has this new eyeliner out. I got it in the Plum shade in my Beauty Box 5 earlier this month. It's got high pigment and while I'm lousy at eyeliner, I really love the one I got in my BB5. I was scared to try liquid eyeliner because I'm not that comfortable with it. However, I've been using the Plum one. This is black and my favorite thing about this brand is that it's waterproof. I can't give it enough hearts. However, I don't like black much no matter how universally flattering it is. I'll probably sell or trade it. It's worth $19 on the Starlooks site. This bag has more than paid for itself.



Hikari lip gloss in Merlot. Wow, this is dark. I was hoping for the lighter color, because Ipsy was shipping two shades. The other is Salsa, a classic red. I put this on over the lipstick I was already wearing and it came out bright. So I redid it, but now it looks dark. Let's just say I look kind of goth with my Mister Pookies and my Merlot lip gloss. Neutral, natural colors are more my thing. However, I'm thinking I have a shirt or two this might go with for fall wear. It's kind of sticky though...maybe it needs a lip balm under it.

It's actually much darker than this picture makes it out to be.


This is a product that will come in handy. It's Clear Clinic Laboratories vanished, an acne treatment. I don't know what it is lately, but my chin is broken out. Ugh, I'm in my 30's. Give me a break, face. My skin was doing so well for a while. It can be used under and over makeup up to four times a day. Warning: It stings a little when you apply it because one of the ingredients is alcohol. 


Marc Anthony Nourishing Argan Oil of Morocco Oil Treatment. I've been using a hair mask with Argan oil and a shampoo with it over the last month. Does it seem to make my hair softer or shinier? Well, I wasn't too crazy about the shampoo and conditioner I had. I don't know if my hair's kind of fried after my last round of highlights, but it seems dry to me lately. Last night I did a Hask Argon mask mixed with Aussie Three Minute Miracle. This morning, I put three drops of this product in my palm rubbed it over my strands, and set out into a rainy day. My locks feel pretty soft. Is it because of Marc Anthony's oil? Maybe.

I had a bonus this month because I spent some Ipsy points to get LUXE Watercolor Tattoos in Believe. Yeah. We've established that I'm in my 30's. The dragonfly is what sold me, because I'm a sucker for dragonflies. Before I went walking with my mom, I applied a couple.



 This one on my wrist and I put the red/orange arrow on my ankle. I've been having a lot of trouble with leg cramps when I walk, so I put 'believe' there to help me believe I could get through the work out and the arrow to remind me to go forward. Last night I managed 3 miles without crippling pain. It probably wasn't the tattoos, but stranger things have happened. Don't stop believin'.


No comments:

Post a Comment