Monday, August 17, 2015

Beauty Box 5 August 2015

When the shipping notification for BB5 went out this month, it had a huge spoiler in it--subscribers were getting four full-sized products.

It shipped to me really fast and I was antsy all day waiting to get to my mailbox.

The more you know: Beauty Box 5 is a monthly subscription box. They bill $12 on the first day of the month.

When I opened it...I laughed a little.


I just bought the Hask Argan Oil Deep Condition packet at Walmart last week. Let me tell you, it smells great (citrus-y, very much like an exotic orange) and my hair is super-willing to do good things after I use this product. I'm happy to get another one. I'd mentioned it to my mom too, because she has dry hair after a perm. Maybe I should give this one to her.


Hello, Pur-Lisse. I just got a sample of you in my July BB5--but wait! This is actually a different variety. The last one had 30 SPF. This is hydra-balance. You know what, I was perfectly thrilled to get this, because I love Pur-Lisse and how soft it makes my skin. Score! I thought this one was a lot thicker than the one with the SPF, which surprised me. Still a good moisturizer though, and I'll take anything by Pur-Lisse.


Ha! Check out this really cute nail file (the guy says 'Ya, that's right. I'm trending.') with a case. I'm always afraid to throw nail files into my purse because I haphazardly throw my sunglasses in too and I don't want to scratch them. The case makes this really perfect. Of course, it's so cute, I don't know if I want to use it. The card says this comes in assorted colors.



Starlooks Pro gel eyeliner in Plum. This product is exclusive for BB5 this month. I'm the worst with eyeliner and only recently started wearing the gel kind that comes in stick form. I worry that darker shades will make me look weird and/or hookerish. So I almost considered not trying this. I decided to be brave. My right eye turned out okay on the first go. While the Plum is super pigmented, it wasn't too dark at all. My left eye...let's just say I'm none too good at attempting straight/slightly curved lines with my left hand. All the tutorials in the world won't help without practice. It was not much of a success. I tried again with my right hand and it came out better. I asked my husband how it looked and he said, "Fine", so I proceeded into public. No one stared in horror. I like this color and especially how well it lasted. It's waterproof and didn't smear when I tried to smear it before I removed my makeup. Now if I could just make sure the lines didn't waver noticeably.


Check out this awesome little piece by Jerome Alexander. It's got eye shadow and lip gloss for the girl on the go. I never, ever have a mirror handy in my purse. This is a fun accessory. The case is silicon (or that's what it feels like to me). The eye shadow colors are a plum color, a dark violet, and pink. These are colors I'll wear because I like purples to bring out the gray-blue in my eyes. The lip glosses range from dark pink to a peachy tone. It's not too outrageously orange, despite what my lighting and camera would have you believe. I'm willing to give it a try. This will be handy if you need a quick touch-up while out running around, being glamorous. The make up also comes out, so you can put anything in it when you're all out.

There's some neat stuff in the BB5 for August. You still have time to sign up for this box until August 21.

No comments:

Post a Comment